Monday, May 5, 2008

Are You Over-scheduled?

We are over-scheduled sports parents. I recommend taking a deep breath before reading my schedule from last weekend:

Friday:
  • Husband and Child #1 drove to Toledo for hockey camp through Sunday.
  • Missed Child #1's lacrosse game because Child #1 was in Toledo.

Saturday morning:
  • Child #2 was picked up by friend's parents for weekend lacrosse tournament in Cincinnati.
  • Child #3 played in local soccer game and I coached (in pouring down rain).

Saturday late morning:

  • Child #3 and I drove to Cincinnati (two hours) for Child #2's lacrosse tournament. (Due to congestion in tournament parking lot, we missed Child #2's first game of the day.)

Saturday afternoon:

  • Child #3 and I watched two of Child #2's lacrosse games.

Saturday evening:

  • Child #2, Child #3, and I met relatives for quick dinner and to discuss possible speaking engagement.
  • Child #2 went home with my sister-in-law for the night.
  • Child #3 and I drove back to Columbus (two hours).

Sunday morning:

  • Sister-in-law drove Child #2 to lacrosse tournament (three more games).
  • Child #3 and I drove to Akron (two hours) for my sister's baby shower.

Sunday afternoon:

  • Friends drove Child #2 back to Columbus (two hours).
  • Husband sent Child #1 to Akron (two hours) with friends so I could pick him up and drive him back to Columbus.
  • Husband drove somewhere in Ohio for work. (Yes, we have jobs to earn money.)
  • Child #3 and I left Baby Shower and picked up Child #1 at friend's house in Akron.

Sunday evening:

  • Child #1, Child #3, and I drove home to Columbus (two hours).
  • I picked up Child #2 at friend's house.

Sound familiar? Are you confused? I'm confused, but this is typical for most sports-parents. Do you agree?

-Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can only say, Geez! My month felt a little bit like that in April, but it didn't have to do with sports. You guys are giving your children a wonderful gift with all this support.